Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Moogy Blues

I've just discovered that Moog is actually pronounced to rhyme with Rogue, not to rhyme with the noise that cows make. That's so awful! All my life I've been trying to chat up cute musicians while flagrantly mispronouncing the name of one of my favourite instruments. (No wonder they never really seem aware of my inner Brazilian super-model!) And, as the radio announcer on the Moog show put it, it feels so good to say Mooog. I don't usually have that many good things to say about hip hop artists, but one thing I do like about it is that you're never in doubt about how to pronounce their names. Anyone who is anyone in hip hop has to have at least one song where they introduce themself at least 10 times. That's how I know Puff Daddy is actually pronounced 'knob'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home