Wednesday, July 26, 2006

planned redundancy

No, this isn't going to be another rant about the state of industrial relation in Australia. Sorry. What I'd like to whinge about today is that my mobile phone is RIP. As a civilisation, we have invented robots that will automatically vacuum floors. We have invented computers that can beat our best grand masters at chess. But, our mobile phones are not water resistant. I know this because I dropped my mobile in the bath the other day. Yes, a very stupid thing to do. I fished it out in half a nano-second, but it was too late. It was dead. It made me think about all the other really stupid things I've done with water in my life, and there's more than there should be...

1. bought expensive tropical fish aged about 10 and forgot that they need to live in warm water.
2. went on holidays during a heatwave and forgot about that whole water business.
3. climbed up to the highest diving board at the Adelaide aquatic centre and belly-flopped. That hurt.
and my personal favourite...
4. went swimming in the sea wearing $300 permanent contact lenses. Decided that the sea weed brushing my leg was actually a frenzied great white shark. opened eyes underwater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home