Sunday, July 23, 2006

university by-laws

I just got this email from my university...

Animals on Campus

10.1 A person shall not:

(i) kill or injure or cause any suffering to any animal within the University grounds;

(ii) bring a dog into the University grounds or permit a dog to remain within those grounds unless the dog is at all times while in those grounds kept on a leash; nor without the consent of the University Council or its delegate, bring a dog (other than a dog used for guidance of a visual or hearing impairment) into any University building or permit any such animal brought by that person into the University building ;

(iii) without the consent of the Council or its delegate, bring any animal (other than a dog or a horse used as a beast of burden or traction) into the University grounds or permit any such animal brought by that person into the University grounds to remain within those grounds;

I find this sad because I've always wanted to bring my dog with me to work. She'd totally just lie under my desk and keep my feet warm. Being a very big German Shepherd, she could bite incompetent tradesmen who install blinds in idiotic ways.

Fortunately, beasts of burden are OK. In other words, I could ride to work on a horse and keep it grazing on the sports fields all day. I could even bring in my library books from home using a well-loaded Clydesdale draught horse. And I wouldn't even need the consent of the Council or its delegate. I'm tempted to test that rule out one day.

I can't help wondering if the first rule gets waived for scientists, who as we know are BAD bad people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home