Thursday, July 27, 2006

portal to the dark side

I just discovered that the official government site about divorce is called... The Divorce Portal. I find that weird. I associate portals with things in science fiction, like the portkeys in Harry Potter or the phonebox in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Portals are all about deep space, human matter transferance, David Bowie and hyperspace.
I know I've never had one, but I don't think divorce is really that space age. Which leads me to wonder. Does the Howard goverment have a secret plan to stop people from getting divorced? Do people who enter... the divorce portal actually just get sent to another dimension by John Howard and his evil minions?
I can imagine what this would be like. It would be a whole Stepford world where not just the women but the men as well have been turned into semi-functional robots programmed to be good breadwinners and housewives.There would be a whole heap of brick veneer houses with perfect lawns and 1.4 children with happy faces. And acres of picket fences.
Hold on, that sounds a lot like Golden Grove!
Maybe, all those new suburbs that keep appearing on the outskirts of our cities are actually the alternative dimension where John Howard sends robot people after they have been 'reprocessed' by entering the Divorce Portal.
It's a theory.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ohjeeze said...

Maybe they call it a divorce portal because you are transported to a paralel(sp?) universe where you are actually happy in life.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger fifi-belle said...

I like that one. It's a lot less paranoid than my theory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home