Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Slim Dusty's Voice is Trapped in my Brain!


I don't really want to but I think I might have to make a financial claim for my pain and suffering.
Recently I blogged about my recent journey on the Indian Pacific. How I thought it would be somewhere in between an Agatha Christie novel and the Raj. Nu-uh! It was sort of like being on a suburban train, like maybe the all stations to Penrith via Yagoona and Mount Colah. The suburban train experience was because a) the train never really went over 60km per hour, and there were frequent strange stops when the driver felt like he or she needed a nap. Anyway, enough bitchin.
The real reason I want to sue Great Southern Railways is that while travelling, I contracted a terrible disease. A brain-worm. A brain-worm is what happens when a song travels around your skull like a frustrated working sheepdog stuck in a suburban back-yard. Or like when a mosquito is trapped in your small kitchen and it buzzes around going NEEE! NEEEE!
My brain worm goes like this "The Indian Pacific Spans the Land" over and over again with bushwhackers style backing music. I hope it goes away soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home