Thursday, October 11, 2007

There are some things I like about Australia.

Australia, Australia. There are some things I hate about it, like Quadrant magazine and the Young Liberals.* I think Prince Charles... whoops, Kevin Adrews' comments about Sudanese migrants are shameful and ignorant. Somehow I don't think he spent his childhood in a dangerous refugee camp! Anyway, these issues are serious. They are enough to make me move to a less racist and narrow minded country, like maybe somewhere in Scandinavia.

But there are one or two things I do like about Australia. This one is from The Australian...

"Australian doctors used an intravenous feed of vodka to keep an Italian tourist alive after he consumed large quantities of a poisonous substance.
The 24-year-old man, in an apparent bid at self-harm, had swallowed ethylene glycol, found in antifreeze, which can cause death.
Doctors administered pure alcohol, the conventional antidote, but exhausted the hospital's supply.
Desperate to continue the treatment the doctors at Mackay Base Hospital in Queensland state hooked up an intravenous feed of vodka, hospital officials said."

Woo Hoo! I'm going out to get some antifreeze right now!!!

*I'm going to the Young Liberals ball next year, it will be soooo funny! I just need to figure out how to get tickets. If anyone can help me out, I will be so grateful!

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home