Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Night persons

There is a wierd timing imbalance in my office. No, not the menstrual kind, but the kind of morning person evening person stuff. I come in at 11, bleary eyed and not functioning properly, and they're all ready to go home because they got there at six am. Meanwhile at five I'm just getting into my stride. Yet I look like some sort of workoholic psycho-loser with no life (actually that's true) just because I don't have to go home to cook a meal for a bunch of screaming kiddies, so I stay at work and do worky stuff until it's later, so I don't have to go home. If only I actually did worky stuff. Actually, I feel so sorry for myself working late that I just look at dating sites to try and look for people I know in Adelaide. Aah the joys of living in a small city/big country town! I saw a bloke I know... we'll call him Bob... on the web, it was funny because his profile actually was a fair representation of his kindly but depressed personality. He didn't lie about anything that I could notice. And no, I don't have a profile. Even though I secretly think it might be fun, I would be too scared that someone I know would look at it and laugh at me for being on there. Although, the funny thing is that I would have to ask, why were they there? And then I worry about myself even more because then I wonder if just subconsciously don't want to meet anyone because I still think my life is some sort of English folk song about a woman who waits for her sailor man... who comes back in the end. Not that I'm pining for anyone in the Navy at the moment, although maybe that would be a good way to get myself in a great unrequited love situation.... and I've heard that if you live with someone in the Navy you get a rent discount... that is a good plan!

1 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Hi there Fifi

If it's any consolation to you, since working from home I start at 9am (like normal) but start doing my best writing (as opposed to websurfing for research, fiddle-arsing around reading articles, books etc) at 5pm and Love Chunks has to wrench me from the swivel chair at 11pm. Very unusual for me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home