Sunday, February 05, 2006

Go To Next Blog

No, Don't. Its by some sort of wierd christian girl. Don't confuse her with that wierd Christiansen girl. I don't understand how anybody can seriously believe in a deity. I appreciate the role of religious figures (Bhudda, Mohammed etc) as philosophers, sharing their interpretations and insights. I understand religious texts and stories can be interesting as cultural artifacts. But what's with the idea that life on earth is somehow controlled by some sort of omniscient, omnipotent being? An entity no one has ever recorded, observed using a particle accelerator, seen, heard, photographed or in any other way quantified. Sorry, I don't think "belief" or "faith" is a convincing argument. See my post on LSD. If I believe I am a food item, does that mean I really am one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home